Meanwhile, in the Grammar Crisis room....

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A Half-Experience

Yesterday, I was watching television when I caught something quite odd. G4 was interviewing director Uwe Boll on a show called "Attack of the Show."
Now, let's think this through:
A semi-director was being interviewed for an almost news show, by a pseudo-interviewer, for a quasi-network.
I'm surprised the universe didn't collapse in on itself.
Now, I will not discuss the merits or lack thereof of director Uwe Boll (to be fair, I have not seen his pictures - they could be the next coming of "Citizen Kane" for all I know). However, in celebrity journalism, don't you just hate how the interviewers have to interview people with an eye toward interviewing them again? In other words, if the interviewer thinks the interviewee is full of shit, the interviewer is unable to say anything, for fear of losing future interviews.
I'm pretty sure the G4 guy thought Boll sucked, but was unable to say so.
Thus, we are left with a cycle of uninteresting interviews...but at least we get a lot of them!
Certainly, this is by no means an original thought, but it still annoyed me to no end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home