Meanwhile, in the Grammar Crisis room....

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Nintendo Rides the Mushrooms With Wii

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Nintendo has announced the official name of the Revolution.
The 'Wii.'
My first thought: Nintendo has been consuming too many magic mushrooms.
The official video makes it all a little less odd (read: criminally insane). Apparently, they're really trying to break free of the current console grind. The message (at least, the one they're trying to send out) is that, while Sony and Microsoft are content to release updated versions of old things (Xbox 360 and Playstation 3), while Nintendo is changing everything.
That, and they're giving it an image I can only describe as iPodesque. Is it me, or has every consumer electronics product released in the last 3 years tried to be the iPod?
Me, in print form: I've finally got a story in this week's print edition of the Long Island Press. Pick up a copy, or go here. I dare you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home