Meanwhile, in the Grammar Crisis room....

Friday, March 24, 2006

Movie News, Robot Views and the Possibility I'm Going to Hell

From the "Could Samuel L. Jackson be more hardcore?" department: Apparently, Snakes on a Plane is doing a five-day re-shoot to make the movie, yes, even more intense. More violence, gore, nudity, and profanity have bumped this movie up from "interest" to "must-see" in my book.
Furthermore, I've learned that the term "Snakes on a Plane" has entered into the cultural lexicon as something similar to "shit happens." I now make it my life's mission to use this as frequently as possible. Because I'm sick and tired of these snakes!
From the "Stayin' Alive" department: A key part of the trailer for the new movie Stay Alive appears to be the line: "Don't you get it? If you die in the game, you die for real!" Apparently, a good number of people didn't get it, as the line is repeated twice in the TV ad. Is the concept of the movie so complicated that it warrants two explanations?
Robots, Robots, Robots!: I'm going to be covering the second of half of the FIRST robotics competition tomorrow. Look for further coverage to follow.
From the "I'm a horrible, horrible, person" department: Randy Quaid is suing the producers of Brokeback Mountain because they allegedly underpaid him. According to him, the moviemakers claimed it would be an arthouse flick, unlikely to turn a profit.
*WARNING: OFF-COLOR JOKE ALERT*
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the producers of Brokeback Mountain "stiffed" Randy Quaid.
And that's why I'm going to hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home