Meanwhile, in the Grammar Crisis room....

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Fuck you, Jimmy Fallon

So I was at the movies recently, and I see this soda commercial...with Jimmy Fucking Fallon! You know, the man who was utterly incapable of completing a Saturday Night Live sketch without looking at the camera and giggling like he was spouting the most witty comments in the history of sketch comedy. Never mind that he presided over some of the worst sketches ever put on air, he just loved to hear himself deliver punchlines.
Then, of course, he decided to move on to movies, and released two goddamn horrible movies, even in this era of horrible movies. There is really no reason to see either Fever Pitch or Taxi. Fever Pitch, of course, cast Yankee fan Fallon as a Red Sox fan. Because there are no famous Red Sox fans out there, certainly none who can giggle at the camera quite as well as he can. Hell, Michael Chiklis could pull off a comedic role better than Fallon.
My point is, I thought he exhausted his 15 minutes of fame. I was goddamn praying he exhausted his 15 minutes of fame.
But he's now in a commercial with Parker Posey (who actually has talent). So I am forced to deal with two conflicting forces: the part of me that wants to watch Parker Posey against the part of me that despises Jimmy Fallon.

1 Comments:

Blogger B Drew said...

Kind hate to burst part of your rage filled bubble, as much of it is warranted. However, Fallon has never said he was a major Yankees Fan.

From IMDb
"I was never really serious with one team. I was into the Mets because my Dad worked at IBM where he got free Mets tickets, so I was into the Mets ... then I got to "Saturday Night Live" where my boss has unbelievable N.Y. Yankees tickets, so he invites us to the games. I'm going to all the games, so I might as well root for the team I'm gonna go sit with. I became a Yankees fan for a few years. But now, I gotta say, I'm really rooting for the Red Sox."

Yes the movie clearly sucked but it really had nothing to do with him not really being a Sox Fan. To that reasoning Harrison's Ford new movie is bad because he doesn't know about computers, and not because it just has a bad concept. By your reasoning On the Waterfront would be bad because Brando wasn't actually a dock worker. While there is certainly a major difference in talent, the fact is in order to convince me that you are a raging Sox fan all you need to do is say "Go Sox!"

There are plenty of reasons to hate Jimmy Fallon, such as the giggling fit problem, or his inflated ego.

Also Posey is known for doing cheesey crap with bad actors such as Fallon. Look at Blade Trinity, or Josie and the Pussycats. Shes terrific in both, but the rest is hard to watch. Any true Posey fan would know how to ignore the rest of the screen.

4:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home