Meanwhile, in the Grammar Crisis room....

Friday, June 09, 2006

Post Smorg

Multiple topics to cover, and not much time to get to it.
  • New "Snakes on a Plane" teaser out. If you like snakes, planes, Samuel L. Jackson and movie teasers with a hell of a lot more words than footage, click here.
  • Does Sprite's new ad campaign make anyone actually want to buy a Sprite? Sure, sure, I get it - it's "subliminal." Sublime is great (if a little played out), but I never really want sublime and food products to go together. When I'm eating an apple, I want to be reasonably sure my universe won't go all Dali on me. Do sumo wrestlers get you thirsty? How about mouths in someone's eye sockets? Frankly, if you're an ad exec, and your entire ad campaign is based on a horribly bad pun ("sublymonal"), it might be time to rethink career choices. Something went wrong there.
  • Addendum to the previous bullet point: does "lymon" work on anyone else either? If I see "lymon," I'm thinking my citrus has been untruthful with me.
  • I think Disney's entire business is based on the concept of "things that shouldn't talk, but do." Cars? Shouldn't talk. Toys? Shouldn't talk. Anthropomorphic animals? Shouldn't talk. That business model might be getting a little played out, so I suggest they diversify. Where, you might ask? I think they should invest in the concept of "things that should talk, but don't." Think about it, an entirely new market, thus far only tapped by mimes. There's a fortune to be made here, Disney.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home